Wolfson College, University of Oxford, UK announces Fellowship for Tibetan & Himalayan Studies - 2016
- Hits: 808
Wolfson College, University of Oxford, UK announces STIPENDIARY JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 2016 in Tibetan and Himalayan Studies. Interested students may apply:
- Last date for submission of Application to President's PA: April 24, 2016 by 4:00 pm
- Invitation for Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be notified after May 11, 2016
- Interview Date: June 8, 2016
Qualifications and experience required:
- postgraduate experience in Tibetan and Himalayan Studies or a related field
- to hold a doctorate in Tibetan Studies or a related field by commencement of the Fellowship
- excellent language skills in literary and/or spoken Tibetan
Duration of the fellowship:
- The Fellowship will be for three years, to commence on 1 October 2016. Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained their doctorate within the last five years, and have not already held a stipendiary Junior Research Fellowship.
Annual Fellowship Stipend:
- The annual stipend will be £23,000, plus any general percentage increase in salaries, agreed by the Remuneration Committee, that may come into effect. These Fellowships carry Common Table rights (currently up to £43 a week for own meals in Hall). Fellows are entitled to apply for College accommodation at the College rates. The Fellow is permitted to undertake up to six hours' teaching per week. The Fellowship will not normally be tenable with another stipendiary position: if, exceptionally, the Fellowship is awarded to a person holding such a position, some adjustment in the stipend may be made. The Fellow will normally be required to reside within 12 miles of central Oxford.
Applications should include:
- a completed application form, and a full curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- a 3-5 page description of the proposed research and the candidate's qualifications to undertake it
- the names and addresses of three referees.
- Any additional information relevant to the application should be included in the covering letter.
Visit Wolfson College website for complete information.