- Hits: 1446
Gone are the days when we wait for the results to be out and then apply for admission to college of our choice. Now admission process begins before the result is declared. You can apply to as many colleges or institutes as you like by visiting to their website. You no longer have to physically be present at the college to procure the prospectus. Things have become much easier. You can simply download the printed application form or fill the online application form. These are two choices that you have now.
Every college has provided guidelines to fill in the application form which is very self-explanatory and something that each of you can do without much problem by following the instruction carefully. In case you face some difficulties, the individual institutes provide customer care services that you can avail or you can always contact the DOE counselors.
- Hits: 1241
Download this easy guide to creating your CV (.DOC):
What is a CV? Curriculum Vitae: an outline of a person's educational and professional history, usually prepared for job applications. Another name for a CV is a resume.
A CV is the most flexible and convenient way to make applications: It conveys your personal details in the way that presents you in the best possible light. An application form is designed to bring out the essential information and personal qualities that the employer requires and does not allow you to gloss over your weaker points as a CV does. In addition, the time needed to fill out these forms is seen as a reflection of your commitment to the career.
- Hits: 1095
When you have an interview approaching, don't be nervous: get prepared! Practice makes perfect, and the more time you invest in creating a CV/resume and working on your answers to potential interview questions, the greater chance you will have of succeeding.
Extra Tips for Job Success
Dress Appropriately: Wear clean, simple clothes with no holes or stains. Make sure your shoes are tied and shined and check that your clothes smell fresh. A collared shirt and sweater with slacks, or a long skirt and buttoned blouse are classic professional outfits for teens that you can easily achieve. Dark green and light blue, light pink and brown, and black and white are crisp color combinations.
- Hits: 2243
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Here are the top 10 most common interview questions: practice with a friend to develop your answers and become more comfortable.
1. Why do you want this job?
One of the most predictable questions and very important! You need to demonstrate that you have researched the employer and tie your knowledge of them into the skills and interests that led you to apply.
For example, an interviewee with a small public relations agency might say: "I'm always ready to take on responsibility and feel this will come more quickly with a firm of this size. A small firm also gives the chance to build closer working relationships with clients and colleagues and I've found through my past work experience that this makes an organisation more effective as well as more satisfying to work in."
Try to find some specific feature on which the employer prides themselves: their training, their client base, their individuality, their public image, etc. This may not always be possible with very small organisations but you may be able to pick up something of this nature from the interviewer.
- Hits: 1454
1) Who can apply: fresh graduates from colleges and universities looking for work experience.
2) The minimum period for volunteering is 3 months.
3) Areas of opportunities to work: Medical professionals, Project Officer (Planning and implementations), IT experts, Geohydrologists, Civil engineers, Counselors (careers & psychosomatic), Agronomists, Cooperative experts, Teachers, Marketing & sales, Information & Data managers, Age care, Legal experts (FCRA), Construction supervisors, Local language communicators, Religious teachers at schools, Language tutors, youth empowerment officers, etc. Click here to see open positions organized by topic.
4) You can choose the location: Delhi, Mundgod, Sonada, Darjeeling, Shimla, Dalhousie, Puruwala, Orissa, Bir, Kamrao, Rabgayling, Norgayling, Kalimpong, Gangtok, Dogueling, Phuntsokling, Dehradun, Dalhousie, Shimla & in Sherkhumbu, Jawalakhel, Tashiling, Lodrik, Walung & Rasuwa Office (Nepal)