- Hits: 92
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)- Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association has announced that COMEDK UGET – 2017 Entrance Examination will be held on 14th May 2017 (Sunday) for admission to Engineering Courses in COMEDK member institutions.
- Start date for registration & issue of Online Application: 13th Feb., 2017
- Last date for online payments and Last date for submission of completed Application Online: 20th April, 2017
- Date of ComedK UGET Exam: 14th May, 2017
Click for detailed calendar of events
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the UGET 2017 entrance examination. The eligibility criterion for various programs has been as published by COMEDK in its Notification dated 05.12.2016 on its website www.comedk.org which is reproduced as under:-
For UG Engineering Courses
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
Note: The candidates shall submit the original marks card of the examination during counseling for proving their eligibility vis-a-vis marks scored as evidenced by the original marks card
For UG Architecture Courses
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application form.
Note: Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI, DCI, AICTE / VTU, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted mutatis mutandis.
Application Fee: The fee for COMEDK UGET 2016 is Rs. 1200/- (For PCM)
Click for TEST CENTERS
Download Information Brochure for complete information.