- Hits: 280
Amrita University, Coimbatore invites interested class XII PCM students to apply for AEEE (Amrita Entrance Examination Engineering) 2017 for admission to B. Tech program.
- Last date for submission of Online & OMR Form: 31st March, 2017
- Computer Based Test (CBT) - Online: April 20, 21, 22, & 23, 2017
- Pen & Paper Based Test: April 29, 2017
- Declaration of AEEErank: May 5, 2017
- Age: Candidate's shall be born on or after 1st july 1996.
- Educational Qualification: A pass in 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination securing an aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with not less than 55% in each of these three subjects.
Note1: 1)Those who appear for the above examination in March / April 2017 and expect to secure minimum marks as above, may also apply.
2) Minimum eligibility for management quota is an aggregate of 80% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Mode of Application:
Offline: Printed OMR Application Forms of AEEE 2017 can be obtained as given below:
From the list of sale outlets (Post Office, Dhanlaxmi Bank and Federal Bank) on payment of Rs. 1000/-. Details of sale outlets are given in the University Website.
From the University counter of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore and Vengal-Chennai (proposed campus) on producing a demand draft for Rs. 1000/- drawn in favour of Amrita School of Engineering payable at Coimbatore.
By post from the Admission Coordinator, Amrita School of Engineering Coimbatore on a written request indicating their full communication address together with a Demand Draft for Rs. 1000/- as mentioned above.
Note: When a demand draft is used, candidate should write on the back of the Demand Draft, "B.Tech. Application," his / her Name and mobile number. Candidates are advised to keep a photocopy of the filled in application and Demand Draft for future reference. Read the information handbook before filling in the OMR form.
- Amrita Entrance Examination–Engineering 2017 will be of 2 ½ hours duration and there will be one question paper containing 100 objective type (multiple choice types) questions in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Each question will be followed by four answers of which one is correct / most appropriate.
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer. For every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from the total score. If no response is indicated in the answer sheet against a question, no marks, positive or negative will be awarded. If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be treated as "incorrect answer" and negative mark will be awarded. Candidates are advised to mark an answer only if they are sure that it is correct / the most appropriate. Request for revaluation, re-checking or re-totaling will not be entertained.
Distribution of questions and marks is as follows:
Subject Weightage Marks Total No. of Qs Total Marks
Mathematics 40 questions 120
Physics 30 questions 90 100 300
Chemistry 30 questions 90
Click Scholarship - Top ten ranks in AEEE & Top 3 in CBSE are eligible for Scholarship
Download the information handbook
For latest updates on the entrance test & admission, check the official website