- Hits: 1261
Name: Dhondup Tsering
Job Title: Chinese cuisine chef de parties,
10 +2 from Tibetan Homes Foundation, Mussoorie & Diploma SOS Vocational Training Centre, Selakui Dehra Dun.
My role & responsibilities (Job description) briefly:
1. Report to the Sous chef heading the kitchen of the restaurant named Empress of china
2. Responsible for maintaining the par stock for the section of kitchen ie groceries, perishable, general store and butchery items.
Maintaining of ISO 22000 standards, HACCP standards in the kitchen.
Responsible for deputing the staff in the various section and training the same as per the requirement & requisition and indenting of stores and assuring the quality of ingredients at receiving.
3. Implementing EMPRESS OF CHINA food items in the regular menu and training the the staff to produce quality food and exotic plating concepts, assuring HACCP and ISO standards within the kitchen and training the staff regarding same, ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards, follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
4. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members, provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention, handle guest problems and complaints, interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
5. Manage day to day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis, training employees in safety procedures, smooth functioning of all the sections within the restaurant like dim sum, soups, starters, noodle, rice, hot range and desserts...along with coffee shop buffet.
6. To check operation opening and closing.
7. Write daily log book to report to executive chef office!
My advice to someone interested in this field:
Follow the three ladder to success, Passion, Punctuality, Hard work In my view it's better to go for bachelor in hotel management rather than diploma for future interest of professional grooming. So best of luck to all the students & Choose your career wisely.