- Hits: 396
TATA Institute of Social Science, Mumbai, accredited by NAAC as "A" grade University (3.88 out of 4.00, one of the highest scores awarded to Universities accredited as per information on official website) is the top institute in Social Sciences in India calls all interested students to apply for admission to their
- Last date for filling in the Online form: March 15, 2017
- Date of Entrance Test: April 22, 2017 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Announcement of Result: May 9, 2017
- Students should have passed 12th Class or Intermediate in any subject stream from a Recognised Board. Students who have studied International Baccalaureate Diploma and will be completing 12th class with clear results declared by June 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have appeared for their 12th class or Intermediate final exams and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply. Final pass result should be produced at the time of joining the programme, if selected.
- Age Limit
- Candidate should be less than 23 years of age at the time of appearing for the Bachelors Admission Test, as on April 22, 2017. Applications from candidates over this age will not be entertained.
- Intake Limit
- The total intake is 150 seats in Integrated BA-MA Programme in Social Sciences and 30 seats in B.A. (Hons) in Social Work.
S.No TISS Campus Intake in BASS Prog. Intake in BASW( Hons.) Prog.
1 Hyderabad 60 Not Applicable
2 Guwahati 60 Not Applicable
3 Tuljapur 30 30
- General Category: Rs. 1025/-
- For ( SC/ ST income less than 2.5lakhs and OBC-NC candidates with income less than 1 lakh): Rs. 275/-
- Mode of payment: You can pay online through Credit card/ Debit Card/ Online transaction.
Mode of Selection: Model and marks of the entrance test ( B.A. in Social Sciences)
The entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration and the total marks will be 100.
- Part A - will be a 60 minute test with multiple choice questions on current affairs, social awareness and logical and analytical reasoning, carrying 60 marks.
- Part B - will be a written test with a set of descriptive questions in English. Candidate is expected to write two short answers in 30 minutes carrying 40 marks. It is compulsory for the candidates to attempt both the parts and make sure that they qualify in both the modes.
- Both Part A & Part B will have separate cut off marks for evaluation.
A demo version of the test and a model question will be available on w w w.camp us.t i ss.edu si te one month prior to the entrance test, for the candidates to be familiar with the test. Model and marks of the entrance test ( BA (Hons) in Social Work) BA (Hons) in Social Work (BASW) admission process consists of two stages.
The first stage is the entrance test which will be of 90 minutes duration and the total marks will be 100. There will be two parts A & B. Part A will be a 60 minute test with multiple choice questions on current affairs, social awareness and logical and analytical reasoning, carrying 60 marks. Part B will be a written test with a set of descriptive questions in English. A candidate is expected to write two short answers in 30 minutes carrying 40 marks. It is compulsory for the candidates to attempt both parts and qualify in both the modes. This stage of the test will be the same for BA Social Sci ences and BA Social Work.
BASW has a second stage of selection in the admission process. Shortlisted candidates in the merit list for all categories will be called for a Personal Interview (PI) during -------------------------- at Tuljapur campus. The Personal Interview carries 50 marks. This is to test the motivation and orientation of candidates appearing for this programme. Candidates who score well in PI will be ranked on the BAT score and the PI score category wise and then selected for the programme. 7.2 Candidates with disabilities: Extra time of 20 minutes each for the computer based test and the written part of the test and a scribe to support the appearance of candidates will be arranged. Necessary information has to be provided in the application form itself.
Click to read the B.A. M.A Program in Social Science & fee structure & B.A (Hons.) in Social Work